The Winston-Salem chapter of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) has started up its annual membership renewal drive.
Just today I received one of their mailings. In it, PFLAG Winston-Salem recounts some of their great accomplishments over the past year:
- October 2005 – Hosted a National Coming Out Day Celebration attended by over 30 students, parents and teachers.
- November 2005 – Hosted a workshop on Transgender issues attended by over 40 individuals including counselors, educators, students and parents.
- December 2005 – Celebrated the holdays once again with our Annual Holday Party.
- In 2006, PFLAG Winston-Salem has been focused on increasing our outreach into the Winston-Salem community. To that end, we have particitpated at several events by having information tables and booths. Examples include the Dell Community Involvement Fair, NC Pride, Leadership Winston-Salem, The NC Episcopal Diocesan Convention adn the Peace Fair hosted by the Friends Meeting.
- April 2006 – Hosted the annual Youth Alternative Prom attended by over 187 students from teh Triad area. PFLAG also hosted an adult “Prom You Never Had” for LGBT adults who never got to take their true seet heart to the Prom.
- Ended our fiscal year with our signature event, our 2nd Annual Kaleidoscope Aeards Banquet on September 9th. Once again, the Awards Banquet was a huge success!
I urge you to support PFLAG Winston-Salem by either renewing your already existent membership or by joining for the first time. You can do this online, at the PFLAG Winston-Salem website.
PFLAG Winston-Salem is the leading LGBT education, advocacy and support group in the Winston-Salem area. Please support this great organization!