On the day of the HRC/Logo Presidential Forum (I missed it somehow), the Edwards campaign announced the addition of more LGBT leaders to its growing list of supporters.
According to the campaign:
Senator John Edwards’ campaign to transform America continues to gain momentum in the LGBT community. For the third time this year the campaign announced the endorsement of several prominent community leaders from across the country. Tonight at the Visible Vote ’08 presidential forum, sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation and LOGO Television, Edwards showed why so many LGBT leaders and activists support him for president. This group joins dozens of other national LGBT leaders who have previously endorsed Edwards.
“As activists for social and economic justice, we need a candidate who believes in the beloved community, who honors hard work and sacrifice, and who stands up for civil rights,” said Hans Johnson, President of Progressive Victory and officer of Pride at Work, the official LGBT organization of organized labor. “As Democrats, we need to put our strongest foot forward in order to set the country on a better course. John Edwards is the candidate equal to these challenges.”
The LGBT leaders endorsing Edwards for president today are:
- Kyle Bailey, Board member of National Stonewall Democrats
- Kenda Kirby, former Executive Director of North Carolina Human Rights Initiative
- Hans Johnson, President of Progressive Victory
- Greg Gallo, Board member of National Stonewall Democrats
- Les Krambeal, Board member of National Stonewall Democrats
- Todd Elmer, former Clinton Administration Commerce Department Official
Good goin’ John.