Profile: Matt Comer, 25, is a communications professional, civic and community journalist and progressive, LGBT activist who hails from Winston-Salem, N.C. He currently lives and works in Charlotte where he serves as the communications and program director of Campus Pride, the nation's leading non-profit working for safer and more inclusive campus environments for LGBT and ally college and university students. From October 2007 to January 2012, Matt worked as editor of QNotes, the LGBT newspaper of the Carolinas. Matt attended The University of North Carolina at Greensboro and recently returned to school at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte where he is continuing his studies in American history and politics. Matt also provides and media/new media consulting, web hosting and social media integration services. Learn more about Matt and his services at MattComer.net. Read his extended bio and see press clippings at MattComer.net/contact/#about.
Posts by Matt Comer:
- Boy Scout B.S.? Proposed policy isn’t perfect, but naysayers ignore stunning progress
- A letter from a dismissed gay Scout to the Boy Scouts of America
- Freedom & Responsibility: On matters of gun control, our children will pay the ultimate price
- Back in the saddle again
- Charlotte straight club Butter NC’s ‘Repeal Amendment One Party’ raises concerns among LGBT community members
- Protest of Charles ‘Concentration Camp’ Worley draws 1,400-plus
- Does Charles Worley and Providence Road Baptist Church really support ‘racial purity’?
- UPDATE: Before he channeled Hitler, Pastor Charles Worley was oh-so-hot for the KKK
- Matt on CBS Radio: No place for pastor’s words in civilized society
- Amendment One’s saving grace: Exposing religious violence against LGBT people